**This message contains important new details about forthcoming changes to the Exchange Network Authentication and Authorization Service (NAAS). The new information includes the migration date for the NAAS TEST environment.**
As previously reported on March 8 and March 17, U.S. EPA is updating the Exchange Network’s security infrastructure known as the Network Authentication and Authorization Service (NAAS). The current NAAS application will be migrated to a new platform. The system will retain all existing functionality and the re-platforming should be transparent to most users.
EPA will perform the cutover for the TEST version of the NAAS at 6:00 PM EDT on Monday March 29, 2021. At that time, EPA will decommission the existing TEST NAAS and deploy the new TEST NAAS in its place.
Here is what to expect:
- Beginning at 6:00 PM EDT on March 29, EPA anticipates approximately 2 hours of downtime before the new TEST NAAS becomes available. The actual timing may vary so please plan accordingly.
- The new TEST NAAS should be fully available for testing beginning on the morning of March 30, 2021.
- As previously reported, the URL for the TEST NAAS will not change. After the deployment completes, you will still be able to access the TEST NAAS at https://naas.epacdxnode.net.
- The IP address for the new TEST NAAS will change to: 126.96.36.199. If your agency has firewall rules that allow traffic only with specific IP addresses, you will need to update your settings to allow access to this new IP address.
Beginning on the morning of March 30, partner agencies should begin testing their Nodes and data flows against the new TEST NAAS environment. Please report any anomalies, questions, or errors to the Node Help Desk at:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 1-888-890-1995 (Select Option 1 and then Option 5 from the menu)
Available 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM Eastern
EPA tentatively plans to deploy the new Production NAAS on April 19, 2021. Please begin making any necessary firewall adjustments and plan to adjust your data flow schedule to accommodate that timing. More details on precise migration date will be announced as soon as they are available.
- New Production NAAS IP Address: 188.8.131.52
- Production NAAS URL: https://cdxnodenaas.epa.