EPA is pleased to announce that version 6.0 of the Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) Data Exchange.
This version includes the following RY2014 Information Collection Request and Reporting Forms and Instructions changes:
- Add an optional extension to all phone numbers that would allow facilities to ensure that incoming calls are directed to the appropriate person.
- Add an optional field to allow facilities to indicate the section of a water body that received the surface water discharge. Specifically, facilities could provide a reach code, which is a unique identifier for a linear, unbranched section of a water body.
- Add check boxes to indicate whether a facility has provided a ‘‘Production Ratio’’ or an ‘‘Activity Ratio’’ (Part II: Sec. 8.9).
- Add a new column where facilities can provide an optional percentage range indicating the estimated annual reduction in chemical waste generation associated with a given source reduction activity (Part II: Sec. 8.10).
- Provide optional barrier codes that facilities can use in Section 8.11 to indicate why they could not implement any source reduction activities during the reporting year (Part II: Sec. 8.11).
- Allow facilities to categorize optional free-text information entered in Sections 8.11 and 9.1 by selecting from a list of topics provided in TRI–MEweb.
All XML files uploaded to TRI-MEweb via Third-party Load as well as XML files forwarded to State partners of the TRI Data Exchange will adhere to v6.0 of the TRI XML schema beginning in calendar year 2015.
If you have any questions, please contact Shane Knipschild at knipschild.shane [at] epa.gov.
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
E: knipschild.shane [at] epa.gov