**This message contains important new details about previously reported changes to the Exchange Network Authentication and Authorization Service (NAAS)**
Thank you to all the teams that have helped test and provide feedback on the new TEST environment of the NAAS. Your responsiveness helps make the application better and helps EPA prepare for the forthcoming migration of the Production NAAS. At this time, EPA and its contractor team are still working with some organizations to help them diagnose and resolve issues with their applications, but the majority of teams’ issues have been resolved.
Here are some important updates on the ongoing migration process:
- NAAS Production Environment Cutover Pushed Back One Week
In the interest of letting partners test more thoroughly and resolve as many issues as possible, EPA is delaying the Production NAAS cutover until the weekend of April 24th. Once plans are finalized, we will send another EN Alert with a specific outage window.
- Policy and Access Denied Issues
This has been the most widespread issue reported to the EN Help Desk. The previous TEST NAAS implementation contained some blanket policies that allowed some TEST users to perform their work without having the correct policy credentials in place for their accounts. The new NAAS is enforcing policies correctly. Consequently, in the TEST environment, some users may need to request policies for the USER ACCOUNT and DATAFLOW that they are working in. Please continue to contact the EN Help Desk to have these policies put in place. So far, missing policies do not appear to be similarly widespread in Production. Further research is ongoing to prepare for the production cutover and ease agencies’ transitions.
Please continue to work with the EN Help Desk if you have any questions or concerns.
- The node help desk can provide new Secure Authentication Keys if you need one for TEST or PRODUCTION.
- New TEST and PRODUCTION IP Addresses are listed below. If you have outbound firewall rules to the NAAS, please make sure you enable access to these IP Addresses:
- TEST: 220.127.116.11
- PRODUCTION: 18.104.22.168
Exchange Network Help Desk
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 1-888-890-1995 (Select Option 1 and then Option 5 from the menu)
Available 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM Eastern