Data Exchange Description
The Underground Injection Controls (UIC) data exchange has been decommissioned. These resources are available for reference purposes only. The UIC data exchange allowed Partners to share information on underground injection wells. The Safe Drinking Water Act established EPA’s Underground Injection Control Program to provide safeguards so that injection wells do not endanger underground sources of drinking water.
The Flow Implementation Guide provides a high-level overview of this data flow.
The UIC data exchange is no longer supported. These resources are available for reference purposes only.
- Flow Configuration Document
- XML Schema
- Data Exchange Template
- Sample XML Instance File
- Schematron Rule Specifications
- UIC Business Rules
- UIC Data Model (v8.0) and Data Dictionary (v8.2)
- UIC Logical Mapping Form
- UIC Access Template (Requires MS Access)
- March 19, 2009, Memo from S. Heare
- June 16, 2010, Presentation: UIC Data Conversion and Submission
- 2012 UIC Data Submission SOP