Innovation and Partnership
2017 Exchange Network National Meeting
May 16-18, 2017
Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
The E-Enterprise and Exchange Network Interoperability and Operations Team will convene EN2017, the 2017 Exchange Network National Meeting, May 16-18, 2017, at the Sheraton Society Hill Hotel in Philadelphia. Our theme for EN2017 is “Innovation and Partnership.” During the Meeting, we will be exploring examples of:
- How innovation can cross Federal, State, Territorial, and Tribal boundaries;
- How working creatively together as Partners can identify innovative solutions;
- How Partnerships are the new “best practice;” and
- How we can all employ innovation in our daily work.
Never attended an Exchange Network National Meeting and want to learn more? Visit the “National Meeting Archive” to view content from previous National Meetings!
Unable to attend EN2017 in person? All General and Concurrent Sessions will be broadcast live via webcast. Links to theses free webcasts will be available in the Agenda.
♦ Call for Program Committee Members
Would you like to be involved in planning EN2017? As a member of the Exchange Network Community, you are invited to contribute your ideas and expertise to your next National Meeting by joining the EN2017 Program Committee! Committee members can expect to participate in approximately one conference call per month, assist with recruiting and organizing moderators and presenters, and moderate one or more EN2017 sessions. To join, please email Greg McNelly at gmcnelly [at] ecos.org by October 14, 2016.
♦ Call for Presentations
If you are interested in presenting or organizing a session at EN2017, please email a concise, 3-5 sentence description of your proposed presentation and/or session topic for the Program Committee’s consideration to Greg McNelly at gmcnelly [at] ecos.org by December 1, 2016.
For complete information on presenting at EN2017, please review the Presenter Instructions and Key Dates.
♦ Hotel Reservation
Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
One Dock Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
Click here to make your EN2017 hotel reservation, or call 800.325.3535 and ask for rate code “EN2017.” The EN2017 rate is $188 + tax per night.
The room block and rate are guaranteed until 5:00pm ET on April 21, 2017. Due the expected popularity of this National Meeting, rooms and the EN2017 rate will likely not be available after that date.
Free wireless internet access will be provided in all meeting rooms. Internet access in sleeping rooms is not included in the EN2017 room rate.
♦ Agenda (Coming Spring 2017)
♦ Webcast (Going Live May 18, 2017)
♦ Travel Reimbursement for States and Territories
The Environmental Council of the States (ECOS) will reimburse each State and Territory for the travel expenses of up to two employees. Each State and Territory must determine which two of its employees will request reimbursement. In the event that multiple agencies within a State or Territory wish to participate, those agencies, not ECOS, must determine which two employees will apply for reimbursement. Notification to ECOS will occur automatically when the employees register. States and Territories requesting travel support will be expected to update their EN Partner Profiles prior to receiving reimbursement. To see who has already registered from a particular State or Territory, visit: http://en2017.eventbrite.com/.
Reimbursable travel expenses include:
- Air or rail transportation in Coach Class.
- Privately owned vehicle (POV) mileage of $0.54 per mile and tolls. Interstate use of POV in lieu of less expensive air or rail must be preapproved by ECOS.
- Airport, train station, or hotel parking.
- Ground transportation (e.g., subway, shuttle, bus, taxi) to and from originating airport or train station.
- Ground transportation (e.g., subway, shuttle, bus, taxi) from and to Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) or Amtrak’s 30th Street Railroad Station.
- Lodging of $168 + tax per night for the nights of May 15, 16, and 17, 2017, only. Additional nights required to accommodate international flight schedules must be preapproved by ECOS.
- Meals and Incidentals Expenses (M&IE) of $49 per day ($64 GSA Federal per diem less $15 for breakfast, which will be provided each day.) In accordance with GSA guidance, ECOS will reimburse 75% of M&IE ($48.00) on the first and last days of travel.
The following expenses are not be eligible for reimbursement:
- Sleeping room charges in excess of $188 + tax for three nights (e.g., room upgrades, reservations made after the cut-off date, rooms at other Philadelphia hotels, or additional nights not preapproved by ECOS).
- Internet access fees.
- Travel insurance.
- Rental car in lieu of less expensive ground transportation.
- Premium air or rail seat fees.
- Early check-in fees.
- Checked baggage fees (except for Frontier Airlines and international flights).
- Breakfast on May 16, 17, and 18.
Attendees requesting travel reimbursement must make their own travel arrangements, and email an ECOS EN2017 Expense Form no later than 30 days from the conclusion of travel. A correctly completed Sample ECOS EN2017 Expense Form will be available here. Requests for reimbursement received by ECOS after June 21, 2017, will not be processed. Please complete the Form electronically, sign and date it, and e-mail it along with scanned copies of receipts for all expenses exceeding $25 to gmcnelly [at] ecos.org. Keep all original receipts and your signed form for your records. Do not mail forms or receipts. Do not submit receipts for M&IE; ECOS will reimburse M&IE in accordance with the GSA Federal per diem. If you have any questions, please contact ECOS’ Greg McNelly at gmcnelly [at] ecos.org.
♦ Travel Reimbursement for Tribes
The Institute for Tribal Environmental Professionals (ITEP) will provide a limited number of travel scholarships to eligible individuals representing Federally recognized Tribes and/or eligible Tribal organizations. Support for airfare, mileage, lodging, and per diem is available. Funding will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information or to request a scholarship, please contact ITEP’s Lydia Scheer at lydia.scheer [at] nau.edu.