Data Exchange Description
The Underground Injection Controls (UIC) data exchange allows Partners to share information on underground injection wells. The Safe Drinking Water Act established EPA’s Underground Injection Control Program to provide safeguards so that injection wells do not endanger underground sources of drinking water.
The Flow Implementation Guide provides a high-level overview of this data flow.
The UIC documentation package has been approved for use on the Exchange Network. The most current version is v2.0. Version 1.0 is no longer supported.
- Flow Configuration Document
- XML Schema
- Data Exchange Template
- Sample XML Instance File
- Schematron Rule Specifications
- UIC Business Rules
- UIC Data Model (v8.0) and Data Dictionary (v8.2)
- UIC Logical Mapping Form
- UIC Access Template (Requires MS Access)
- March 19, 2009, Memo from S. Heare
- June 16, 2010, Presentation: UIC Data Conversion and Submission
- 2012 UIC Data Submission SOP