E-Enterprise for the Environment is recruiting members for the new State Plan Electronic Collection System (SPeCS) team, and 5 new sub-teams under the Combined Air Emissions Reporting (CAER) Scoping Team. Information about each follows:
- SPeCS Team – Work already done for a separate program will be leveraged into a tool States can use to create and track the State Implementation Plan (SIP) approval process.
- CAER Sub-team: Comparison/harmonization of code tables, the Data Dictionary, and QA steps across EPA inventory programs – Team members will compare and harmonize code tables, map data elements across programs, and compile the QA steps completed by each program to identify opportunities for streamlining.
- CAER Sub-team: Web-based service for finding Source Classification Codes (SCCs), proposing changes, and requesting new SCCs – Team members will harmonize and publish the official list of SCCs online and centralize and make public the process of requesting and tracking the status of new SCCs.
- CAER Sub-team: CEDRI: WebFire export of industry reported test data – Team members will update WebFire to allow users to request all test data for a source category or regulation and enable WebFire to produce a single data structure that includes all of the source test data.
- CAER Sub-team: Remove the need for EPA augmentation for select States for the 2014 NEI cycle – State members and the EPA would define all quality criteria for States to meet to eliminate the need for the EPA to augment any of the point source data during the 2014 NEI cycle.
- CAER Sub-team: Combined Air Emissions Implementation Plan (for the “to be” state) – This team would establish the major building blocks for the “to be” states, identify time frames for implementing each, identify key unknowns and challenges, and explore resolving those challenges as resources allowed.
For more information or to join a team, please contact ECOS’ Kelly Poole at kpoole [at] ecos.org.
Environmental Council of the States
E: kpoole [at] ecos.org